NOAKES LAW GROUP
Lexington Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Your Local Law Firm for Personal Injury & Auto Accidents
Representing Injured Victims
in Lexington, KY
Helping Injured Motorcyclists in Lexington and Surrounding Areas
Lexington is home to many motorcycle enthusiasts. Thousands of people also ride into town from other parts of Kentucky or even from out of state. Anyone who heads out for a ride knows that other motorists are not always respectful of their right to share the road. In fact, some motorists drive aggressively around motorcyclists, and this aggression leads to accidents.
Contact Noakes Law if you were involved in a collision while riding your bike. You could have the right to compensation, but you’ll benefit from our analysis of your legal rights. Call us today to schedule a consultation with a Lexington motorcycle accident attorney.
Kentucky Motorcycle Statistics
Motorcycles are popular in Kentucky. According to the Department of Transportation, there were 80,248 registered motorcycles in the state in 2020.
The state’s accident statistics show that 1,411 motorcycles were involved in collisions in 2020. These represented only 0.79% of all motor vehicles involved in wrecks. However, 85 motorcycles were involved in fatal accidents, which was 7% of the total.
Helmet use is not widespread in Kentucky. The state stopped collecting this information in 2017, but only 60% of motorcyclists wore a helmet that year. Kentucky repealed its universal helmet law almost 25 years ago.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents?
Negligent drivers are by far the biggest contributor to accidents. These motorists fail to use the necessary care when behind the wheel, and they pose a danger to others, including motorcyclists. Some common examples of negligence include:
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Passing illegally
- Backing up without using mirrors
- Running a red light
- Illegal turns
- Fatigued driving
- Chemical impairment
When a motorist is negligent, they can clip or even slam into a motorcycle. Other drivers might leave their lane and force a motorcyclist to take sudden, defensive action, which results in them flipping their bike.
Important Steps to Take after a Crash
At Noakes Law, public safety is at the forefront of everything we do. For this reason, we include here a list of actions motorcyclists should take following a collision. If you take these steps, you can reduce the number of accidents on our roads and increase your ability to receive compensation:
- Seek medical help. Some people are so gravely injured they need an ambulance to pick them up and take them to the hospital. Call emergency services if anyone in the crash is in danger.
- Report the accident. You should call the police and tell them the location of your accident. They should send out an officer to create a report.
- Swap personal and insurance information. Obtaining this information improves the ease of making an insurance claim against the at-fault motorist.
- Take photographs. If you can move around, then use your phone to photograph where your bike ended up in relation to the road and the vehicle that hit you. These photos will help us reconstruct what happened.
- Talk to witnesses. Ask them if they saw anything. Also get their name and contact information, because your Lexington motorcycle accident lawyer will want to speak with them.
- Avoid admitting fault. You should never say anything at the scene which suggests you are responsible for the collision. That will only harm your case.
- Avoid giving any recorded statement to an insurance company after the crash. You should wait until you hire a Lexington motorcycle accident lawyer to represent you.
Your Right to Compensation
If a negligent driver caused your crash, we’ll submit a claim for compensation on their liability insurance. Kentucky requires that drivers carry at least $25,000 per person in bodily injury liability coverage. This insurance will pay for bodily injuries. Motorists should also have coverage for property damage they cause.
We seek financial compensation to make up for various economic damages:
- Medical bills. You probably need to go to the doctor after a crash. Even a low-speed accident will cause concussions, fractures, bruises, and road rash. Your medical bills could total thousands of dollars. More serious injuries include back injuries, fractured ribs, and paralysis. Many victims need months of grueling physical therapy.
- Motorcycle damage. Your bike is probably banged up after a crash, and the at-fault driver should pay to fix it.
- Income loss. Many people cannot work while trying to rehab injuries. Consequently, they lose thousands of dollars in income. Someone with permanent disabilities might never work again or need to take a less strenuous job.
Our law firm is also dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for our client’s non-economic losses, such as physical pain, mental anguish, irritability, and reduced enjoyment of life. These are often considerable.
What Are You Waiting For?
Don’t make the mistake of waiting too long to seek legal representation and bring forth a case when your future is on the line. If you’ve been injured, you deserve to be compensated. If you’ve been discriminated against you deserve justice. Reach out to us today online or by phone to schedule your free case review and learn more about legal services.
CALL US TODAY 502.777.7854
You Deserve the Best Lexington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcyclists are surprised when insurance companies reject their claims, often blaming the biker for the wreck. Fight back by hiring a seasoned legal advocate who can present the facts of what really happened.
A lawyer at Noakes Law provides many critical legal services:
- Evidence gathering. We help build a record of what happened so everyone, including insurance adjusters, see who is responsible for your accident.
- Legal analysis. Sometimes, additional parties are to blame for a crash. For example, a road defect could have caused you to lose control of your bike. We identify all possible defendants, which increases your odds of receiving a fair settlement.
- Communication and paperwork. Insurance companies like to bury victims in paperwork, and they request endless information. Let us complete everything for you.
- Negotiation. It’s possible to settle a claim outside of the legal system by reaching a mutual agreement with the defendant and their insurer. Noakes Law is zealous at pursuing the maximum compensation available in a settlement, which helps our clients get money faster.
- Litigation. If negotiations hit an impasse, we know how to file a lawsuit before the deadline in court and litigate your claim all the way to a jury.
Call Noakes Law to Speak with a Lexington Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Our firm offers a free consultation to anyone hurt in a motorcycle crash. We will listen to your story and provide advice about your legal options. Please call us today to schedule a day and time to meet.
"I called Noakes Law and they took care of everything. They took my case seriously and treated me so well. They care about you and getting you what you deserve."
Personal Injury Client
"I honestly cannot say enough good about Noakes Law. I was in an auto accident which had several different variables that make my case very difficult to navigate. Ms. Noakes and her team were top notch and went above and beyond to help me. I HIGHLY recommend this law firm to anyone!"
Personal Injury Client