NOAKES LAW GROUP
Louisville Personal Injury Attorney
Your Kentucky Personal Injury
Helping Injured Victims in Louisville & Throughout Kentucky
Louisville is Kentucky’s largest city, and for good reason. Sitting along the Ohio River, Louisville offers culture, entertainment, access to nature, industry, and, of course, the Derby. With a population of nearly 1.4 million, though, accidents and injuries are common. At Noakes Law Group, our Louisville personal injury attorneys can provide legal representation if someone else’s negligence has caused you or a loved one harm.
Call Our Lousiville, KY Law Office Today
Noakes Law Group
10200 Forest Green Blvd. Suite 112
Louisville, KY 40223
Tel: (502) 777-7854
What Is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a type of civil action that is brought when one person’s negligence causes harm to another, and the injured person wants to seek monetary compensation for their damages. A civil action is completely separate from a criminal action, and many civil offenses are not necessarily crimes.
Elements of a Personal Injury Lawsuit
In order to win a personal injury lawsuit, you (the plaintiff) must be able to prove four elements by a preponderance of the evidence. A preponderance of the evidence means that it is more likely than not.
- Duty. Duty means that the defendant in the case had an obligation to act with a certain standard of care as it pertained to their relationship with you. For example, all drivers on the road have a duty to others to operate their vehicles responsibly.
- Breach of duty. You’ll need to prove that the defendant did something to breach the duty of care owed to you—for example, speeding or running a red light.
- Causation. Next, you’ll have to prove that the breach of duty of care was the proximate cause of your injuries. In other words, you’ll have to prove that your injuries would not have occurred but for the other party’s negligence.
- Damages. Finally, you’ll need to prove the damages you’ve suffered. Both economic and noneconomic damages are recoverable.
Types of Cases We Work on
Our Louisville personal injury attorney has experience working on a wide range of personal injury claim types, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog bite claims
- Medical malpractice claims
- Premises liability accidents
- Defective product claims
Please call our law office directly to schedule a free consultation to learn more about the types of claims we work on and whether you have a viable case.
Our law firm is committed to working hard to get you the settlement that you deserve. Types of damages recoverable in a KY personal injury claim include:
- Economic damages. Economic damages are damages for actual monetary losses, such as property damage, lost wages, and medical expenses. You are entitled to compensation in full for your economic losses.
- Noneconomic damages. Noneconomic damages are harder to calculate and refer to damages for pain and suffering. It’s important to work with an attorney who can guide you through the various methods for calculating non-economic damages.
What Are You Waiting For?
Don’t make the mistake of waiting too long to seek legal representation and bring forth a case when your future is on the line. If you’ve been injured, you deserve to be compensated. If you’ve been discriminated against you deserve justice. Reach out to us today online or by phone to schedule your free case review and learn more about legal services.
CALL US TODAY 502.777.7854
Call Our Louisville Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in an accident that you believe would not have happened but for the failure of another party to uphold the duty of care owed to you, call our Louisville personal injury attorney at the office of Noakes Law today. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis.
"I called Noakes Law and they took care of everything. They took my case seriously and treated me so well. They care about you and getting you what you deserve."
Personal Injury Client
"I honestly cannot say enough good about Noakes Law. I was in an auto accident which had several different variables that make my case very difficult to navigate. Ms. Noakes and her team were top notch and went above and beyond to help me. I HIGHLY recommend this law firm to anyone!"
Personal Injury Client